- 4th October – 11th October, 2020
- £950 use of studio, no tutor, full board, with room and ensuite. If you wish to have a room on your own there is £150 single supplement.
Untutored, Artists take over Casa Rosa, for the second week of our Autumn 2020 season.
An artistic retreat, you will be liberated to be as creative and innovative as you feel inclined with no interventions other than those sought from your companions. There will be options offered, but not distractions, and all the creature comforts will continue to appear as regularly as ever.
This week is suitable for anyone who wants space and time to do their own thing. If you are joining us for week one with Kate Measham as your tutor this is an opportunity to stay and apply all that was learnt, or simply to be creative under your own steam.
This is a stand alone art retreat week – open to anyone. You do not have to take part in week one to join us for week two.
“Andalucia is one of the most beautiful corners of Europe, where the excesses of modern life do not seem to have taken root and travellers are welcomed as honoured guests. Beloved by Orson Welles and Ernest Hemingway, it is the Spain of Carmen, Figaro and Flamenco. Rich with the legacies of the Moors and Romans its charm and serenity will captivate you.” Sunday Times
Casa Rosa in the Autumn: Wild flower heaven
In early October join us for art and culture in the Axarquía, the mountainous area to the north east of Malaga. The hills and orchards of Andalucía will be ripe with citrus fruit and wild flowers. Nestling into the landscape, Casa Rosa will have olives, garden flowers and fruit growing in the orchards and around the houses.
What to expect on an untutored art retreat
In this Artists take over Casa Rosa week, you the artists, are removed from home concerns, will be free to draw and paint in the landscape, the gardens, patios or studio. Snacks, meals and drinks will be regular and delicious. At some point there will be optional distractions such as walks or models provided. In addition, there will be the facilities of Casa Rosa Estate – tennis court, pool, ping pong table – freely available and the nearby village only a walk away.
For an inclusive fee of £950 you will be collected from Malaga airport, all week wonderful meals will be provided, along with delicious drinks and snacks. You will be returned to the airport at the end of the week.
You only have to book a return flight.
If you are interested in bringing your own group of students to Casa Rosa this is a perfect way to give it a trial run first.
Food, fresh from the orchards and markets
Meals will be a communal affair with Rosie, her helpers and the other artists and guests eating together. Casa Rosa sits in the middle of its own orchards and the Autumn will see the orchards bursting with new growth. The house and cottages are full of delightful surprises, pictures, pottery and antiques collected locally and from years of travel.
There is a tennis court, swimming pool, delightful gardens and table tennis to divert you and relax you. Rosie can advise you about walks in the area. You can use the studio at anytime.
The Boring Bits
Sunday 4th October – Sunday 11th October
£950 includes full board, with room and ensuite. If you wish to have a room on your own there is £150 single supplement.
A deposit of £300/person secures a place on this course.
Collection and return to Malaga Airport at the beginning and end of your stay are included in the price if you choose to book our suggested flights. If we need to book a taxi to collect, or deliver you to an alternative flight this will be at your cost.
If you wish to be more independent there are a number of car hire companies at Malaga airport. There is plenty of space for parking at Casa Rosa
Make Casa Rosa in Andalucia your Autumn destination for 2020
What do Artists need to bring with them to Casa Rosa?
There will be folding stools, drawing boards, and easels available. Everything else you should bring with you. If you wish to order materials and have them delivered to Casa Rosa please contact to Rosie.
We advise you to have travel insurance.
- Places on the course are limited so allocation will be made on a first come, first served basis according to deposit paid.
- The final amount is due by August 21st. You will get a reminder 5 days before this is due. If we we do not receive full payment by this date your place on the course and the deposit will be forfeited.
- Casa Rosa reserves the right to cancel for whatever reason. In the event of cancellation you will be advised of vacancies on alternative courses. If you do not wish to book on an alternative course, a full refund for the course will be given when Casa Rosa cancels.
- If Artists take over Casa Rosa has to cancel due to Covid-19 restrictions a full refund will be given. Any further expenses such as flights, taxis, car hires or other expenses you have incurred will be your own responsibility and not that of Casa Rosa, Kate Measham or Rosie Tatham.
- In the event of cancellation by the artist, we will endeavour to fill your place and if successful we will refund your deposit, if we are unable to fill your place the deposit will be non-refundable.
- PLEASE TAKE OUT FULL TRAVEL AND HEALTH INSURANCE
If you want to chat about the trip please contact:
Kate Measham on email@example.com or T:+44 01980 863155
Or Rosie Tatham on firstname.lastname@example.org or T:07940 833025