- Tutor, Anastasia Pollard
- January 17th, 24th and 31st
- 10am – 4.00pm
- £270/ course in the Studio, includes model fees
- This course will be held in The Studio, Bransbury, Nr Winchester
- The course is taught using oil paints
Suitable for intermediate students. Some experience of oil painting, and drawing essential
Portrait Painting with Anastasia Pollard
We are delighted to be able to offer a portrait painting course with the very talented Anastasia Pollard. She is both an excellent portrait painter and a generous, talented teacher. This course in our spacious Studio at Bransbury will give you the opportunity to work alongside Anastasia on a three day portrait. You will learn from her demonstrations and from her one to one guidance as she moves around the students.
What to expect on this course
This course will follow traditional portrait practise. This places great importance on drawing, tonal work, colour mixing and an emphasis on form.
You will start by drawing using paint. Under Anastasia’s guidance students will concentrate on tonal painting allowing the emphasis to be on the form. You will aim to get a likeness. Next, you move on to blocking in a painting, and developing a “first pass” tonally.
During the course there will be an in-depth look at colour mixing. You will build up the colour layer, working on your colour mixing, and moving towards finishing a painting.
- Titanium white
- Cadmium lemon
- Yellow ochre or Raw sienna
- Cadmium red
- Alizarin crimson
- Ultramarine blue
- Olive Green
- Raw umber
- Burnt umber
- Ivory black
- Brushes: assorted sizes of filberts and flats. AP particularly likes the Pro-arte Sterling white synthetic brushes and the Monarch brushes.
- An off-set palette knife.
- Any canvas size as long as it does not exceed 24″ x20″
- Only odorless spirits, Sansodor or Zest it.
- Winsor & Newton painting medium.
Please have materials ready for drawing. Please bring a sketchbook for note taking and optional homework suggestions
For more information about Anastasia Pollard