If you have been to an Oil Painting Beginners course, and it was fine on the day, but you feel rusty, have slightly lost confidence and can’t quite remember what to do…this is the course for you. A two day gallop through the basics to set you off again on the oil painting path.
- Monday/Tuesday 2/3 October, 2023
- 10.00-4.00, near Stockbridge
- tea, coffee and biscuits provided. Please bring your own lunch
What to expect on Oil Painting for Rusty Beginners
Painting with oils is great fun once you get going, so come along to remind yourself that you CAN do it. You will revisit tone, colour mixing, mark making, composition and a still life. Good working practise helps to keep your colours clean.
Materials can be found online and in good art shops. Jacksons’ Art is a fairly comprehensive site with good quality own brand products.
For this class please bring a mix of oil paints including:
- titanium white
- alizarin crimzon
- lemon yellow
- cobalt blue
In addition you will need:
- charcoal, pencils, eraser
- sketchbook, about A4
- brushes (a mix of sizes including large),
- odour freesolvents,
- your palette – disposable is fine
- palette knife
- an A4 pad and an A3 pad of oil painting paper
- a bag for your rubbish