On the Shoulders of Giants – studio series
THIS WORKSHOP HAS SOLD OUT
Giorgio Morandi is well known for his still-life paintings of simple objects; beautiful, contemplative paintings based on observation. He teaches us how to look. His paintings are full of subtle shifts, combinations of objects, different sorts of light.
- Tutor, Sarah Spackman, RBA ROI
- 20/21 November 2023
- 10.00 – 16.00
- £320.00/2 day workshop
- Workshop will be at the Mottisfont Village Hall, nr Stockbridge, Hampshire
- Tea and coffee are available throughout the day. There will be a light lunch included.
- Plenty of parking available
What to expect on this Morandi, Master of Stillness Workshop
We will explore light, form, volume and space in Morandi’s paintings, reduce familiar objects to their simplest forms, and see how we can apply that to our own work.
The first day we will be using pencil, charcoal and watercolour. The second day we will be oil painting. We will mix colours working with a limited earth palette. Still life objects will be provided. It should be fun!
Materials for this workshop
- watercolours: burnt umber, raw umber, yellow ochre, raw sienna, Venetian red, mars black
- Watercolour brushes,
- watercolour paper,
- sketch pad or drawing paper.
- Jam jar for water.
- 2 Small boards prepared for oil painting.
- Oil paints: earth palette: Burnt umber, raw umber, yellow ochre, raw sienna, Venetian red, mars black.
- Oil painting brushes,
- a large palette for mixing,
- plenty of rags
- a bag for rubbish
- a jam jar for solvent( odour free such as zest)