Artists Biography and Selected shows.
My principle inspiration comes from changing light patterns and the way they, in turn, affect the landscape. I paint instinctively, working directly from life on smaller boards plein air and then often translating the smaller paintings into larger works in the studio. I make fast and decisive marks on the canvas, keeping mark making as lively and energetic as the weather itself. Working primarily in oils, the weather, and its effects on the landscape, are my primary concern, and most of my work reflects the changing light patterns accordingly.Georgina Potter
Previous shows and awards
- The Diana Brooks Art Prize 2007
- 20/21st International Art Fair, Royal College of Art
- Solo shows at The Russell Gallery, London
- KPMG Solo show Bristol
- ING Discerning Eye
- Affordable Art Fairs Bristol and London
- Bath Society of Artists – selected for exhibition 2019
- Chelsea Art Society – selected for exhibition 2019
- The Artist Magazine Patchings Art Festival – selected for exhibition 2018 & 2019
- Longlisted for Jacksons Open Art Prize 2019
- Broadway Arts Festival 3rd Prize Plein Air 2019
- 2019 Selected as Ambassador for Cranfield Oil Paints
- Georgina will be teaching oil painting workshops at various UK Art Centres in 2020.