- Wednesday 14th April, 10.00 am – 15.30 pm
- Materials list
- £80/course online with ZOOM
- There will be a dedicated WhatsApp group for the day for easy exchange of images and support
There is a mystique to painting with oils – the aim of this one day, intensive course is to show you clearly how to use this exciting and forgiving medium. This is an intensive one day introduction to the basics of oil painting. You will be drawing with charcoal followed by exercises using paints.
You will look at mixing paints, tone, different sorts of paint application and learning about the materials, tools and other equipment needed. It is a very busy day.
If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint, then by all means PAINT and that voice will be silencedVincent Van Gogh
- one pad of oil painting paper – A3 if possible
- cartridge paper
- a mixed pack of hog hair brushes, try NOT to have all small brushes
- a pad of disposable palettes
- zest it solvent, or other similar low odour solvent
- two jam jars with lids
- titanium white,
- raw umber
- OR, buy a starter pack of mixed colour oil paints. NOT water soluable
This is a very minimal approach to starting oil painting
Once you have completed this intensive course Hampshire Art studio can advise what other courses would be appropriate for you.