If you are new to oil painting, or you need a reminder to boost your confidence these are the classes for you. Join us at Hampshire Art studio to learn the basics on this Beginners and Early Steps Oil Painting course.
Course II – The Next Step
- Taught by Kate Measham
- Thursday 29th – Friday 30th October,
- 10am – 4.30pm
- To include a light lunch each day.
The Next Step, Course II
Once you have been introduced to oil painting with the very basics of course I, your dilemma is what to do next. Course II will cover the next step.
The first of the two days will be a painting using a restricted palette. You will learn about mixing to create new colours.
Day two will be a painting thinking about the tones of different colours. This is an exciting and surprising day with you thinking about your own palette.
You will need your own equipment for these two days. A delicious light lunch will be provided, and essential coffee and tea throughout the day.
Oil Paints in the following colours. It may make sense to buy a starter set. Buy student quality.
|Cadmium Red Hue|
Cadmium Yellow Pale Hue
- OIL & ACRYLIC PAD, A3
- Set of Oil Painting Brushes, Hoghair, a range of sizes, including 1 size 14
- palette, wood or plastic – NOT with wells
- palette knife
- zest it solvent
- Linseed oil
- primed canvas or board at least 16″ x 20″
- rags, jam jars and apron
- For drawing – charcoal and A2 cartridge paper too.