New Dates, New Classes…Lots to See
There are new classes, new courses and a few date changes over the next few months. Below are dates and brief descriptions. Click on the titles for fuller explanations about what is on offer.
The first weeks in March form the basis of all drawing and painting, ‘What is it, how big is it and where am I going to put it?’
- Monday, 4th March, 2019 LEARNING TO LOOK
- Tuesday, 5th March, 2019 COMPOSITION
- Monday, 11th and Tuesday 12th March SIZE MATTERS
- Monday, 8th, Tuesday 9th, Wed 10th April LIFE PAPIER MACHE
- Tuesday 14th, May ASHMOLEAN OXFORD
- Wed 15th, Thurs 16th May ON THE SHOULDERS OF GIANTS, continuation of work from Ashmolean visit
In the second week in April is the return of this very exciting course. Day one we have a life model who you draw with the intention of building a sculpture. Day two you build a sculpture from your drawings using papier mache and anything you can find that works. Day three you will paint from your sculptures.
Following in the tradition of learning from the great masters we are going to spend the day at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford. It has a splendid and varied collection of works. You will see everything (!) in the museum and choose something that you are going to work with.
There will be drawing at the museum followed by two days at the Studio Bransbury copying the picture you chose and taking the ideas forward to create a piece that is all your own.
DRAW, DRAW, DRAW, PAINT, PAINT, PAINT
There will be a return to the regular Drawing and Painting sessions but they will be at the Studio at Bransbury, NOT at Ramshill. These will be suitable for all abilities and will be based on a changing Still Life.
Drawing will be mornings only, 10.00am – 1.00pm £40/morning
Painting will be all day, 10.00am – 4.00pm £80/day
- Thursday, 4th April – Drawing
- Thursday, 11th April – Painting
- Thursday, 2nd May – Drawing
- Thursday, 9th May – Painting
- Thursday, 23rd May – Drawing
- Thursday, 30th May – Painting
For more information, prices and times please click on the titles
If you would like to join a class contact me, email@example.com